Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Aconcagua!

Try saying that after a couple Frenets & coke!

I should show you a picture of me heroically standing next to a glacier, at the base of the mountain at 4200 meters, whilst surrounded by devastatingly stark landscape. But instead here´s one of me dancing on what passed for a table in the camp kitchen tent after a few too many of said Frenet´s - another drink the Argentinians seemed to be vaguely obsessed by.

If you´re ever in this part of the world...
It´s sooo worth the easy trek, but when you think you´ve packed, stick in another layer... it was so cold (-3 at7 am, so God only knows what it was in the night).


Oh OK...here´s a small one of the heroic shot too.



Odd thing I noticed:
You know people sell posters outside rock concerts... well there´s a guy outside the hospital selling posters with diagrams of the human body on it!

Pass the pants:
The pair of my brothers boxer shorts that I acquired in my laundry when I was in New York have dissappeared in a laundry in Mendoza. If you find them please give them a good home. They´re easily identifiable: blue with "M Voss" and "Thursday" written inside the waist band

Odd bits of sentances you hear in the street:
American girl: "...I accidentally got into bed with this little boy...". I have no idea when this happened because she sleeps in the bunk above me in the hostel, and I´m sure she was already in her bed by the time I got to mine this morning!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?