Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

Tucuman, Salta and the road north

Next stop Bolivia!

If the buses gave frequent flyer benefits I´d be in for a bag load... from Asunción I travelled back into Argentina, south to Resistencia to get a connection to Tucuman, where it was raining, so I got on another bus down south Mendoza, so I could spend my birthday in one of my favourite cities. Add that to the mamouth trek to Asunción in the first place and I spent 3 out of 5 nights and a total of 52 hrs on buses!

I´d been very careful to plan arriving back in Tucuman on a Monday, because I´ve arrived in cities on Sundays and they are always dead, only to discover it was a bank holiday so it was even quieter than the quietest Sunday! Anyway, it´s not a particularly lovely city, so I´ve been hopping, skipping and jumping north.

Throughout the little towns on the way my particular style of spanish has been coming in more and more handy, although I was pleased to find in one restaurant a kind of english menu reader, but it wasn´t very accurate: "A local animal a bit like rabbit" turned out to be goat.

Meanwhile this hurried update will have to surfice as I have meet a bus for the border... if northern Argentina is anything to judge by, internet connections and the possibilities to upload picutures may be a bit limited for a while, but keep watching this space.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?